We have a range of employment opportunities at Te Puia and we look forward to your application's to join the team
Waimangu Volcanic Valley - General Manager
TE PUIA • ROTORUA - BAY OF PLENTY , NEW ZEALAND
Take our World Class Tourism experience to the next level. We are looking for an exceptional leader who can instil passion and excellence
Te Hononga o Tuhourangi me Ngati Rangitihi supported by Te Puia, Rotorua, have recently purchased the iconic Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
As a result, we now wish to employ the services of a General Manager who can help us grow the business and its staff, and who has a passion for the environment and the unique offering that Waimangu Volcanic Valley has to offer its discerning customer base.
This person will need to have high level understanding of the Tourism space, with at least 10 years experience and knowledge of same.
The successful candidate will also possess an holistic view of the eco-tourism world, and will understand implicitly - Kaitiakitanga/Sustainability. We also expect that this person would be practical in their approach to the position, including being able to 'get their hands dirty' if necessary.
If you have what it takes, and can help take us through to the next phase in Waimangu Volcanic Valley's exciting future, then we'd love to hear from you.
- To contribute strategic input into the operations of Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
- To ensure the efficient and effective running of the business and to lead the development and delivery of the operational requirements of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley tourism business.
- To develop a positive and harmonious organisational culture built on clear expectations, a strong sense of fair play, and kotahitanga, and a resolve to ensure all visitors receive a value-added experience.
- To identify, plan, coordinate and manage staff development within the business and to ensure that staff are engaged efficiently and in a manner, that reflects Te Hononga o Tuhourangi me Ngati Rangitihi iwi values based culture and realises their potential.
- To provide sound management of financial, people and physical resources in achieving the goals and objectives of the role.
- To continuously review and evaluate all visitor programmes offered Waimangu Volcanic Valley and to initiate developments to enhance programmes that will increase visitor experiences at world class standards.
- To prepare and deliver to agreed strategies, business plans, capital and operational budgets.
- To ensure all health and safety plans are in place and that the organisation is compliant in relation to all health and safety matters.
- To professionally represent the organisation in public forums and other significant meetings as may be required.
- To provide reports on initiatives and ongoing progress towards goals set by the CEO and the Waimangu Board of Directors.
- To ensure all site development maintenance and initiatives are designed and managed to preserve, protect and promote cultural learning and experiences for visitors and other key stakeholders.
Applications close Thursday 14 September 2017. For a full application pack, please make enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Job Description
View Application Form