Rotorua’s top guided experience will take you on a journey you’ll never forget!
Te Rā Guided Experience
Discover one of New Zealand’s most magnificent geothermal wonderlands – featuring dramatic geysers, bubbling mud, and beautiful native bush. For generations Te Puia has welcomed manuhiri (visitors) from all over the world to explore the magic hidden within Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley.
- Discover Te Puia’s history and lineage with a personalised guided tour – each guide adds a personal touch to inspire and help visitors truly connect with the Te Puia experience.
- Explore a 60-hectare landscape of uncovered natural bush, geysers and mud pools with a remarkable walk along the Te Whakarewarewa geyser terrace. Home to the Pōhutu geyser – the largest geyser in the Southern Hemisphere!
- Get up-close-and-personal with one of our national treasures in our brand new Kiwi Conservation Centre.
- Visit the New Zealand Māori Arts and Crafts Institute and view traditional Māori Carving and Weaving performed before your eyes, including wood, stone & bone carvings as well flax-weaving.
- Our model Pre-European Maori Village and sacred Marae gives you a rare glimpse into how Māori people lived prior to European settlement.
- Browse the range of collections including pounamu, wood carvings, whale bone, bronze, stone & more at our Āhua Gallery.
Te Rā Guided Experience starts at 10am, 10.30am, 11am, 12pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
Please note: The last entry into Te Puia is at 2.30pm each day
Te Rā Guided Experiences are currently available Wednesday to Sunday each week and will be returning to 7 days a week from 24th September, 2022.